Friday, May 7, 2010

Triathletes

Speaking of Kristina Baskett, I ran across a youtube video of her doing a photoshoot for a triathlon magazine! I was immediately interested and inspired by the fact that she had done triathlons and wanted to share the video with you all. :)



I got interested in triathlons when I was just 12 years old. The idea of getting to do three sports in one sounded exciting, plus they were things I was all decently good at. Little did I know how much training, committment and time goes into training for such an event. Even so, at the age of 18 I am still very interested in one day doing a triathlon and am taking babysteps to pursue this endeavour. I have not yet gotten the chance to train or race in one because I am still soley focused on gymnastics training, but I know that once I have completed my time as a gymnast I will have something that's just as challenging, if not more so, to pursue.

Here is also another inspiring montage of an Ironman Triathlete. You can check out her blog at http://fuelyourpassiononline.blogspot.com/



This is the kind of person I strive to be. Someone who is not afraid to do what people say is impossible. A person who does what they love to do and conquor obstacles that seem impossible to overtake. This is the person I am meant to be, each day as a gymnast, and even being human, I am learning this concept. I feel this is a part of my purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment